Upgrade to Blox Lite
Since Genesis Custom Headers was first released, there have been many requests to add features and increase its functionality. Unfortunately, the code structure of this plugin makes it difficult to implement most of these great ideas without breaking it for current users. Therefore, a brand new plugin was warranted. That plugin is finally available!
Blox Lite – Content Blocks for Genesis takes Genesis Custom Headers to the next level. You can add content anywhere there is a Genesis Hook, making it no longer just for custom headers. You can add content to virtually any page on your website including your homepage, all single pages, archives, categories, and more. Through global blocks, you can add content to multiple pages of your website at once. And you can add as many blocks as you want on each page…The possibilities are endless!
Blox Lite is completely free and is full featured. Prior to downloading, make sure you read the complete plugin description and watch the demo video so you understand what the plugin offers and make sure Blox Lite is right for you.
Genesis Custom Headers will still be updated to ensure compatibility with the latest version of WordPress and all critical bugs will be addressed. However, no new features will be added. Note that none of your custom headers will be transferred into Blox Lite if you choose to use it. These are separate plugins, but you can use both side by side.
Thank you for using Genesis Custom Headers, or considering to use it, and I hope you will check out Blox Lite!
Please Note: This plugin is only for Genesis Framework users. Genesis is a premium product by StudioPress. We have no affiliation with the company. We just love building useful tools for Genesis users.
Originally designed to allow the easy addition of custom images and featured images to selected posts, this plugin was greatly expanded to provide a wide range of header content options which are listed below. It is important to mention that this plugin doesnot add headers to every page of your site like some other plugins in the WordPress plugin repository. Genesis Custom Headers simply allows you to add customized headers to pages, posts, and public custom post types.
Also this plugin purposefully includes minimal styling so that custom headers can adapt to your site. Therefore, custom CSS will occasionally need to be added to achieve the precise aesthetic you are looking for. Custom CSS can be added directly from the plugin Settings Page. If you have questions or would like to request additional features, let me know in the plugin support forum.
Header Content Options
- Display the featured image
- Display a custom image
- Display slideshows using shortcodes or directly using one of the natively supported slider plugins
- Display custom content (Using the WordPress tinymce editor)
- Display iframes, or raw HTML content (Great for Google maps)
- Run page/post specific scripts
- Set a global header position or page/post specific header positions using Genesis hooks
- Enable custom headers on any public custom post type
Natively Supported Slider Plugins
Disclaimer: Genesis Custom Headers does not actually include copies of the slider plugins listed above, or any slider plugin for that matter. It just supports these plugins if you already have one of them installed on your website.
- You have a couple options:
- *Go to Plugins->Add New and search for “Genesis Custom Headers”. Once found, click “Install”.
- *Download the folder from WordPress.org and zip the folder. Then upload via Plugins->Add New->Upload.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- From the ‘Plugins’ page, head directly to the plugin ‘Settings’ page to configure your global options.
- Once the global settings have been set, navigate to a post, page, or custom post type, and edit the ‘Genesis Custom Headers’ metabox to your liking. If you have any implementation questions, please post in the plugin support forum.
Please Note: This plugin is only for Genesis Framework users. Genesis is a premium product by StudioPress. If you do not have Genesis 2.0+ or WordPress 3.6+, the plugin will not activate.
By default, when you deactivate and uninstall this plugin, none of the settings or data is removed from your WordPress database. To delete all data created by this plugin, navigate to the plugin ‘Settings’ page and check the appropriate box in the Misc Settings. Then deactivate and delete the plugin.
Do you need additional help with Genesis Custom Headers? Head on over to the plugin support forums on WordPress.org. I monitor the forums constantly and it is likely that there are others with your same question. Keeping all questions and answers over there will help everyone. If you contact me directly through this website aboutGenesis Custom Headers, I will just kindly direct you over to WordPress.org 😉.
- Fixed conflict with Genesis 3.0
- Fixed bug caused by Jetpack and other theme switching plugins
- Fixed uninstall bug for non-Genesis users
- Updated informational links
- Updated readme
- Added uninstall setting which allows you to remove all plugin data on uninstall
- Added marketing notices for Blox Lite (sorry), which is the next iteration of this plugin
- Added deactivation function so plugin will deactivate if a user switches to a non-Genesis theme
- Added ability to enable/disable various header options from the Settings Page for a cleaner UI
- Enhanced compatibility with custom post types
- Certain comments are now hidden from non-Admins to avoid confusion
- Initial Release